A great pet friendly, low light plant. This one wins the gold.
All items are shipped Mondays or Tuesdays to allow for maximum continuous transit time while avoiding time spent sitting in warehouses, trucks, or other distribution points over the weekend. Depending on your location and the weather conditions across the country, we may be forced to hold on shipping until conditions improve as we have had items freeze while sitting in Chicago for four days and get delayed due to heavy holiday volume (Mother's Day, Christmas, etc.). We will make every attempt to ship your item promptly on the very next Monday or Tuesday given that there are no anomalies in shipping conditions.
- Repot within 1 year into a vessel 1-2 inches larger using a well draining potting mix. We recommend Fox Farm Ocean Forest. Be sure to sign up for our news letter for repotting reminders.
- Clean leaves with damp paper towel every 1-2 weeks to aid photosynthesis and stimulate growth. Check leaves and stalks for pests while cleaning.
- If pests are found, remove with damp paper towel and use a mild organic pesticide in a spray bottle to coat the affected areas.
- Safe for pets if accidentally ingested.
- Water thoroughly once every 7 days, however avoid overwatering.
- Medium indirect light, avoid windows as they amplify the sun's intensity and create heat that may damage plant.
- Calathea's prefer a fairly humid enviorment. Keep this in mind when making your plant selection. Not advisable for arid homes.